We're introducing our very own recipe of the month!
Across Chaophraya, we send out recipe cards after our Cooking Schools however they're of high demand and are requested daily via our social media channels! So, every month we'll be sharing one of our most loved recipes for you to try at home.
As this is the start of something new, we thought we'd share one of our most popular dishes within our restaurants. This is a simple dish which is easy for you to cook any day of the week, our traditional recipe of Thai Green Curry! Naturally, this recipe is gluten free and in this case it's vegan too! Vegan curry is something that goes down well with everybody however you can substitute some of the vegetables in this dish for a protein of your choice. Within Thai Leisure Group, we serve our Thai Green Curry with a choice of chicken, beef or prawns as this is the authentic Thai way of serving the dish.
Just remember, a traditional Thai Green Curry does have a kick of heat so adapt to your taste if need be!
Curry paste ingredients:
4 fresh green chillies
2 lemongrass sticks
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
4 kaffir lime leaves
1. Using a pestle and mortar, crush and mix together your curry paste ingredients until it forms a thick green paste.
2. Put a medium sized pan on medium heat, add the oil and stir in your curry paste until it releases it's fragrance.
3. Reduce to a low heat and gradually add in your coconut milk, a little at a time, whilst stirring until a green oil surfaces to the top.
4. Whilst the curry is boiling, add the vegetables and kaffir lime leaves. Cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
5. Add the salt, sugar, red chillies and basil whilst stirring for a few seconds to warm them through.
6. Turn off the heat, serve over jasmine rice and enjoy!
Let us know what you think!
Look out for another recipe next month.